Saturday, September 27, 2008

20-26 September (Devotion)

20 Sep- Innovation
God, help me to see my work and my daily activities as a means to worship to you.

God is the source of all creativity and innovation. He created the world in seven days. He has made you to create. If God has placed on idea in your heart to do, ask the Lord for His help in bringing it to reality.

Faith plays an important role when considering stepping out to launch a new endeavor. "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. This is what the ancients were commended for" (Heb 11:1-2).

21 Sep- Modelling Christ to your Employer
Sometimes, Lord, it seems I'm "in the fire." Things are hectic, I'm bombarded with trials and temptations, and it is not easy. Please help me through the fiery times. I

Paul felt the way to win over your employer was to follow several key principles: 1) don't talk back, 2) don't steal, and 3) be trustworthy.

22 Sep- Empowering Others
Help me to wait when I should wait and to act when I should act.

The CEO was excited that he'd found the right man to be general manager of his growing enterprise. He had all the training, the right skill set, and great people skills. The CEO gave him all authority to fulfill his role. However, after six months the CEO had to fire him. It seems the general manager refused to use the empowerment given him to accomplish his tasks.

Great leaders, mentors, and managers must empower others to fulfill the mission of any organization.

No comments: