Sunday, September 28, 2008

Offering

28 Sept-Offering.....

Today went to church late (almost missed the church) i guessed i have overworked my eyes. should spend less time in front of the computer. turning to a computer nerd. will do that after my dubai assignment.

Ya. Church. Had a good time enjoying the sermon today. It is a sermon that I wished the church has preached my years ago! Hallelujah!. God has answered my prayer. A topic that most gospel church do not touch on. OFFERING! it has been too long that we have neglect this topic. we have talked about God's love, God's grace, God's mercy, God's ability to provide. But we do not talk about our obligation as a christian, our duty as his servant, our responsible as his money keeper.

I thank God that I have attended church that has really challenged me in terms of offering. Later did I know that giving my 10% to God has in return blessed me so much. During my uni years, I have faithfully offer God the 10% of my monthly allowances. It wasnt an easy task. I started working as a sandwich artist at Subway, I have more income- I get paid AUD11/hour. So I normally get about AUD120/week. (10% was like AUD12, on top of that I normally offer AUD10-20). Ey. AUD32 is like about RM100 okay. somemore i masih uni student..walao ey...my parents money somemore. but i really pray to God. God, I follow ur instruction. You gotta lead me in this.

But praise the Lord, He is able and He is truely our provider. He has never short changed me.

Little did I know that by practising giving 10% offering for AUD120/mth has make me to develop such a habit to offer and tithe. It never crossed my mind that I could ever earn 10k/mth which means a whoppy offering of 1k offering/month. but i have peace and not lacking anything until now.

Today's msg might not be the most popular and be the A list sermon for the year, but i think its time to keep us thinking and bring us to another level of offering instead of tipping.

Lesson learnt:
-With the little you have, start giving.
-Money is like flesh n skin so close to our body, cutting 1 inch of it we feel the pain.
-Plan your financial properly (God come before PSP, Nokia/Sony Ericson New Handphone/humm.maybe lexus convertable as well)
-Put your priority right

No comments: