Sunday, May 17, 2009

My Big Day-Baptism Day!!!



“For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withers, and the flowers fall away: But the word of the Lord endures forever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.”

– I Peter 1:24-25

It was a good day. My baptism day. Have been wanting to be baptised like many years ago. Never took the courage and effort to do so. Thanks to GanMa Seow Yin to explain and make the effort to finish all the classes for me. It was indeed worth all the time, waking up in the morning to attend classes.

Baptism for me its a public announcement to the world that I am a CHRISTIAN. A christian that love God and his people. A christian that will always remember our God's love and Jesus's death for our sin. To live a life that is rightous and just.

It was good to have my church friends to witness the ceremony (美中不足-none of my counselling kids were there). but most of all, my mum being there, make the day. i have made a decision when i was in sydney that if i were to baptise my mum has to be there. so i thank god for answering my prayer. mum has been an encouragement in my daily life and spiritual life as well. she always show supports in whatever i do. especially with the teens. she will make effort to talk to them and make them feel comfortable at our house. thank you mum for being there...

googled this from internet and would like to share with u...

BAPTISM:

is done FOR the forgiveness of sins (Acts 2:38)

is done to SAVE us (1Peter 3:21, Acts 2:40, Mark 16:16)

Is done to WASH AWAY OUR SINS (Acts 22:16)

is done to be REBORN to new life (John 3:5, Romans 6:3-6)

is done to CLOTHE ourselves with Christ (Gal 3:26-27)

is done so that GOD will RESURRECT us from death (Colossians 2:12, Romans 6:3-6)

is done as a REQUIRMENT to enter heaven (John 3:5, Mark 16:16)

is done to put us INTO CHRIST (Romans 6:3-6, Galatians 3:26-27, 1Corinthians 12:13)





thanks to marlene for the pictures...

6 comments:

Shu Wong said...

Hey! Who said none of your counselling kid wasn't there? GOt!Your Ex(couselling kid) was there - BOY BOy wa!

xIaÕ^Ĥüī said...

Good on you,bro.When its my turn???Someday...Over the Rainbow..LAhlah lahhhh...

Marlene Lo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marlene Lo said...

Brother...
finally...
Congratulations :)

Thank God i see my "soul" in these photos. hahaha :p (sounds scary hor~)

Sl3epYbOnG said...

恭喜huigor啦,
终于我们都等到这么一天。

Macchiato Gurl said...

am i too late? ...... Congrats! :)