Sunday, December 7, 2008

Today is a special day



Attended brother's wedding today. Amazing. A bit of chaotic in the morning but we manage to sort it out. thank god for the perfect weather for outdoor wedding.

It is indeed a very significant day for the teo's and the ong's. It is two beautiful soul merging into one. amazing... i was asked to give my brother a testimonial. haha. payback time...

my speech

First of all, I would like to welcome Jasmine into our family.

When How first told me that he wants me to be his emcee for this occasion as well as sharing a testimony, I thought this is the pay back time.

I should reveal all his deepest and darkest secret of his innocent youth.

How is full of surprises. As a family member, he never fails to surprise us in different occasion,

How is the Mac Gurvey in our family. His is the person to look for when we need to get the light bulb fit, the alarm clock adjusted, the dvd player fixed , car battery changed, However, he did spoilt some clocks, bicycle and dvd players in his experiments.

How was mischievous as well. He had his firs accident when he was 7 yrs old.

How bought his own bicycle on my father expense when he was 8 yrs old. He literally ask for credit terms from the bicycle shop behind my dad’s office . If I remembered correctly he said something like “ My dad will pay for it” and just drag the bicycle away. Of cuz after a few days, he get his share of rotan punishment.

How jumped the q. Yes. He get married before his elder brother. Luckily, we are not from a traditional family where I have to wear a red underpants. It will be very deadly.


Melbourne=Transformation

Throughout the years, I have seen How transforming to be a better person. The most drastic transformation was during the his stay in Melbourne to pursue his building construction degree . I have observed that he has become a more patient, disciplined and accountable person. I couldn’t understand the drastic change.

It was only until one day when How told me that he has met his dream girl. And he added that this girl has impacted her life in my ways. For How to say something like that, it daunted me. In my mind, he must have met some gangster chick. But to my surprise, during our short stay in Melbourne in 1999, I met Jasmine and she appears to be the gentle spirited, soft spoken and smarting looking girl.

I remembered after our brief meeting, how asked me so how how? Good mah? I answered him, she is a good girl, treat her well.

So jasmine, on behalf of our family, I thank you for standing by him while we all were away from him. Thank you for your support and guidance while he needed the most. Thank you for seeing his strength and impacted his life.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Uncle Jimmy and Aunty Winnie for taking care of Ah how during his stay in Melbourne. Also, to all his friends in Melbourne. Thank you.

A few tips for Jasmine, my sister-in-law,

Living with How

How enjoys his personal space. He has a room by himself in our hometown. His own sound system, own computer. So give him necessary personal space.

My mum secret weapon. Food and soup. I think Jasmine has mastered this. How is a soup person. So cook him good soup and he is all yours.

For How,

You are no longer the young and reckless brother. Although I do miss fighting with u sometimes.

You are now a man.

You are the head of a family.

You no longer can make decision by your ownself.

You must learn to communicate and make decision as one.

Finally let me take a quote from the bible to end....

For How...

Better a patient man than a warrior, a man who controls his temper than one who takes a city. Proverbs 16:32

For Both of You...

As the church is under Christ's authority, so wives are under their husbands' authority in everything.

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her. Ephesians 5:24-25

No comments: